48% of America has been seriously contemplating the future.
– What the hell happened?
– What is my responsibility as a motivated individual?
– How can we as intelligent and rational individuals take back control of America?
– Should we try?
– What is up with the Democratic party?
– Why are rural voters voting alongside CEO’s?
– When did war become an afterthought?
– WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO?
These are not only personal questions but questions America should be asking itself. However, I am not the one to start conseling America on its inability to socialize with others. I do, however, need to have a serious discussion with myself (and immediate loved ones).
Activism, Escape, or Apathy?
I see only three courses of action in regards to the current information about the sanity of America and its inhabitants.
Activism – dive into politics headfirst. get involved with or create a political party motivated with changing the minds of rural America. sacrafice career goals and desires to fight for the greater good of America.
– get to meet interesting people
– have focus and new life goals
– strive to make meaningful changes to the voting system and elections
– long road ahead
– loved ones may not remain loved ones
– may be threathened and punished for beliefs by government and extremist
– sacrafice desires to study Linguistics and complete Phd, travel, teach
– will be an extremist
– chance of losing everything
Escape – escape, run away to some america hating culture and try to blend in, give up, realize that america is in decline and find a new country to belong to, escape from the barbarians
– explore new countries and cultures
– expand my horizons and become a world travel
– grass is always greener syndrome
– have moved away from likely target of further conflict and unrest
– learn a new language or many
– stop being a fat american and become a healthy -insert nationality here-
– lonliness, since most of loved ones will probably not come with me (Amanda may though)
– american hating cultures tend to ignore that you ran away from america because you didnt agree with america
– loss of citizenship
Apathy – or the faking thereof, hiding my true feelings beneath a veil of love and devout patriotism
– can continue to pursue goals
– like and maybe even admired by “heathens”
– easy access to american culture (doubtful if pro)
– not poor (or at least not wearing a loin clothe poor)
– family nearby
– not outlet for animosity
– have to attend church to keep up forcade
– feel with hatred until I snapped and slaughter many of the “sheep”
– resentment towards myself and others around me
so here are some of the thoughts running through my head.
as I help Amanda study for the GRE, grade papers, checkin people . . .
It is nearing time for a decision. Hopefully I can stall for a little while longer.